Some translations required for official purposes need to be certified.
- birth, death and marriage certificates,
- divorce decrees,
- university transcripts,
- some real estate contracts,
- some business law documents,
- wills and other deeds,
- as well as documents for a legal action.
As a NAATI-certified translator, I can certify the translations I undertake. I will sign and stamp both the source document and the translation.
To find out how I can help with your French translations,
A few things to consider when you request a certified translation:
A paper copy or a soft copy?
- Will you need a paper copy of the certified translation?
- Or is a soft copy enough, i.e. a scanned copy of the certified translation with the stamp on both the source document and the translation?
- If you need a paper copy, it will have to be posted to you. We’ll need to allow for the delivery time on top of the translation time.
- If a soft copy is sufficient, I will email the translation to you.
Apostille or not?
This concerns mainly birth, death and marriage certificates and the requirements can differ. Make sure to ask the service requiring the certified translations what they need. You can find some information on the apostille in English on the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade website, and in French on the French Consulate-General website.
When you email me the documents for a quote (for certificates, a clear scan or digital picture is usually sufficient), please also mention your ideal time frame (maybe you need the translation for a specific date?).
I discovered Caroline Sanders through the Department of Foreign Affairs list of recommended translators, as I required the translation of an official document. I was so impressed with Caroline’s prompt and professional response to my initial inquiry. The service was impeccable, the translation perfect and the care and professionalism outstanding. I highly recommend Caroline Sanders and will only look to her for any translation work in the future.
Translating your message into French
Certified translations: from English to French
Translations for information: English <> French
Helping you improve your written French
Services fit for purpose, delivered with care
Qualifications & Reliability • Peace of mind
Contact me for • French translations • French copy-editing services • written French tutoring.
Send me an email to: