Which service best meets your needs?
I can proofread or copy-edit the French text you have written.
I can also tutor you to understand what can be improved and how.
French Proofreading and Copy-editing
You are not a French native and you write in French? Or maybe you are a French native, but you’ve been living in Australia for a while, and are unsure about the flow and correction of your French text? I know that I need to remain vigilant, and I am a translator… I can proofread your copy, for spelling, grammar, and punctuation, for syntax, or even to polish it (in that case, this is called copy-editing).
This service can also be useful to verify a French version of your website. I can proofread your website and check that everything has been transferred correctly during the uploading process.
I offer two levels of service:
- Proofreading: this includes checking grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
Example of proofreading: Cher Barbara ► Chère Barbara
- Copy-editing: this aims to achieve accuracy, clarity, and consistency in a document (also includes grammar, spelling, and punctuation, doesn’t involve significant rewriting though). In this case, what I offer is to smooth the syntax at a sentence level. I won’t reorganise the text, I may add some suggestions though.
Example of correction: je ressens le besoin de retourner au travail dans un environnement académique, parce que me manque l’enseignement ► je ressens le besoin de revenir à un poste universitaire parce que l’enseignement me manque.
I can also comment on the corrections, which helps you understand them. This is your choice.
I deliver the result in a Word document with revision marks and some comments if needed. However, please let me know if you have other requests as I adapt my services to my clients’ needs.
Yes, You Can Improve Your Written French
Do you want to improve your written French? Here is the service that I offer:
- You send me a text* that you’ve written in French. You can use autocorrect before sending it to me – but you don’t have to. Autocorrect can help us learn about our errors, as long as we understand the correction.
- I will first highlight grammar, spelling, and syntax mistakes without rectifying them, and I will add some helpful pointers if useful.
- Then it’s your turn to do some detective work! Have fun with it. Why did I flag this word? Do you know or can you guess? Great, have a go at correcting it. You don’t have any idea? Don’t obsess. Write your question in a comment. Once you’re done, you can submit the second version of your text (as quickly as you want within a week). You can also send me queries if you’re unsure of some rules.
- I will check the second version, confirm changes or revise as needed, explain the corrections, answer your questions, and add some helpful comments as needed.
- If you prefer or if you don’t know what to write, we can work on sample texts. The process is slightly different, but the principle is the same. It can also be a first step before you do write your own texts.
- Everything happens by email.
If you’re interested, if you would like to receive a price guide, or if you think I could help you in other ways, send me an email with your request and questions. If you prefer to talk about it, let me know and we can arrange a Skype meeting.
*If you use French in your job, we can work on improving your work-related texts so that you become more confident about your French writing.
Your message in written French
Translation of Australian legal documents into French
Certified translations from English into French
Translations for information English <> French
Translating your message into French
Certified translations: from English to French
Translations for information: English <> French
Tutoring to help improve your written French
Services fit for purpose, delivered with care
Qualifications & Reliability • Peace of mind
Contact me for • French translations • French copy-editing services • written French tutoring.
Clicking on the button will open a new email.