To find out how I can help you, send me an email to:
Yes, You Can Improve Your Written French
Do you love the French language? Do you want to improve your written French?
Do you get frustrated at always making the same mistakes? Do you have the feeling you’re not progressing as you would like to?
French is my native language, and I just love it. Even more since I’ve been living away from France. It would be my pleasure to help you improve your written French.
Here is the service that I offer:
- You write a text in French. Choose a subject that you like.
- You email it to me.
- As a first step, I will highlight grammar, spelling, and syntax mistakes without rectifying them. I will also add some helpful pointers and questions to trigger.
- Then it’s your turn to do some detective work! Have fun with it. Why did I flag this word? Is there another to say the same thing in a way that sounds more French? Do you know or can you guess? Great, have a go at correcting it. No idea? Don’t obsess. Write your question in a comment. Once you’re done, you can submit the second version of your text (as quickly as you want within a week). You can also send me queries if you’re unsure of some rules.
- I will check the second version, confirm changes or revise as needed, explain the corrections, answer your questions, and add some helpful comments as needed.
- If you prefer, or if you don’t know what to write, we can work on sample texts. The process is slightly different, but the principle is the same. It can also be a first step before you do write your own texts. In this case, let me know which subjects you are interested in. Would you like to work on the lyrics of a song you like? Or a magazine article on a specific subject? Something else?
Two levels of service:
- level 1, everything happens by email;
- level 2, level 1 then add a video session to discuss specific areas to improve, and to answer your questions. This can be useful if you are preparing for an exam or if you like a personal contact.
Working as a group
- If you like working in a group, if 3 or 4 of you would like to work together, let me know and we’ll organise a group session adapted to your needs.
If you use written French in your job,
- we can work on improving your work-related texts so that you become more confident about your French writing.
If you’re interested, if you would like to receive a price guide, or if you think I could help you in other ways, send me an email with your request and questions.
You are not a French native and you write in French? Or maybe you are a French native, but you’ve been living in Australia for a while, and are unsure about the flow and correction of your French text? I know that I need to remain vigilant, and I am a translator… What I do is make sure that your text “sounds French”, that it flows.
I deliver the result in a Word document with revision marks and some comments if needed. However, please let me know if you have other requests as I adapt my services to my clients’ needs.
If you are interested, I can also comment on the corrections, that will help you understand them.
I can also verify the French version of your website. I can proofread your website and check that the French translation has been transferred correctly during the uploading process. Things can go wrong at that stage and we can’t expect your website designer to catch mistakes linked to the French language.
To get a written quote, please email me the document to check and let me know what you need.
I am French, a NAATI-certified translator, and I have been living in South Australia since 2002. You can find more information about me here.
Your message in written French
Translation of Australian legal documents into French
Certified translations from English into French
Translations for information English <> French
Translating your message into French
Certified translations: from English to French
Translations for information: English <> French
Helping you improve your written French
Services fit for purpose, delivered with care
Qualifications & Reliability • Peace of mind
Contact me for • French translations • French copyediting services • written French tutoring.
Send me an email to: